Leaving My Comfort Zone


"Comfort Zone" design. (View Larger Image Here)

In a few weeks I head out of town, out of country, and out of my comfort zone.

As I shared in a previous post, I'll be headed to the Kibera Slums in Nairobi, Kenya.

My friend Justin Ahrens invited me to help in the filming of a documentary about the work "Life in Abundance" (LIA) is doing in that area.

It's a lot easier to just write a check to help a cause like this. I've done that before. But the more Justin told me about what they were doing and after talking to their founder I knew I wanted to do more than that.

As I thought about everything today a thought crossed my mind and it inspired the above design.

"Adventure never happens when you're comfortable."


So even though It stretches my comfort zone I look forward to the experience that lays before me and I want to thank those of you who have helped to support this cause because without that it wouldn't happen.

If you'd like a t-shirt of the above click here.

If you'd like to help the LIA team you can donate via paypal by sending your payment to: liasupport@liaint.org
Include in your notes "Von Africa Trip May 2010."

Thanks.

Von




Blog Archive