My huge apologizes to Mike Keesey! I wrote up this post over a month ago, and forgot to hit the blasted post button!!!
Anyways at the risk of being late (though late is better then never ;P) we are excited to inform you Phylopic has once again resumed operations!
silhouettes of organisms that are free for the use of anyone who might need them. It is a great resource for researchers and educators alike, but it needs the silhouettes.
That's where anyone interested out here comes in. If you interested but don't know how to start, silhouettes aren't very hard to make, and I have a tutorial for how to make a JPEG silhouette here. One of the big improvements on the new Phylopic is that it now supports vector based files. Sadly I don't know a thing about how to make these, but if you do fire them Phylopics ways, and maybe consider writing up a brief tutorial for us here on ART Evolved.
Have fun silhouetting once again people!
- Computer Graphics World February/March 2012
- Art Paintings Rembrandt van Rijn Harmenszoon
- FRANKLIN McMAHON 1921-2012
- String & Button
- Ankylosaur Memes or Reality?
- Feathered Dinosaur Gallery has even more!
- Phylopic is back!!!
- Color Me Happy
- Mushroom Jungle
- ONE LOVELY DRAWING, part 40
- Remember we're going underwater in May
- Moths & Butterflies
- One of a Kind
- Scientific Literature Access Debate: How does it a...
- On The Map
- Watercolor Box
- The Doors
- March Desktop Calendar
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2011 (265)
- ► 2010 (165)
- ► 2009 (161)
- ► 2008 (23)
- ► 2007 (24)