41 ILLUSTRATORS AND HOW THEY WORK
A superb new book about illustration, written by the well known expert Fred Taraba, has just been released by Dan Zimmer's Illustrated Press.
An instant classic, the book describes the art and the working techniques of 41 great illustrators in loving detail. It provides a wealth of information you won't find anywhere else, including preliminary sketches, reference photographs and other helpful materials.
The reproductions are beautiful, many from the originals. The production values are excellent.
Taraba wisely chose to sidestep the illustrators who have already been covered exhaustively (such as Norman Rockwell, Maxfield Parrish or N.C. Wyeth) and focus instead on brilliant but slightly lesser known illustrators who deserve greater recognition today. Austin Briggs, Joe de Mers, John Gannam, Andrew Loomis, Alice Barber Stephens, Saul Tepper, Coby Whitmore... this book is a goldmine of under-appreciated talent. I recommend it highly. It is available through the publisher.
- Rough Beasts In Eden
- ROBERT RIGGS (1896 - 1970)
- Comment Moderation Moderated :P
- Philosofossilising- Is it Science or Art?
- Philosofossilising - Setting Criteria, Drawing the...
- NEWS FLASH - Pixar Dinosaur Movie Announced
- Philosofossilising- Scientific Accuracy in Art (Pe...
- JAMES GURNEY GETS HIS CAR INSPECTED
- Philosofossilising- Scientific Accuracy in Art
- Person's Race!
- The Lights are going on!
- Next Gallery Poll is up
- Persons' race
- 41 ILLUSTRATORS AND HOW THEY WORK
- 5 ARTISTS AT COMIC-CON: CRAIG ELLIOTT
- 30 Free Vectors
- 5 ARTISTS AT COMIC-CON: ASHLEY WOOD
- Call for Conference Art
- Hurry, hurry! An Ornithopod on the beach!!!
- Join the orgy, but scribble responsibly
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2010 (165)
- ► 2009 (161)
- ► 2008 (23)
- ► 2007 (24)