Every year at Comic-Con I check in at the booth of Craig Elliott, a talented artist who works for Disney and Dreamworks on animated films such as Mulan, The Emperor's New Groove, Treasure Planet, Shark Tale, Flushed Away, Bee Movie, and Enchanted, Monsters vs. Aliens, and The Princess and the Frog.
I like the strong designs in Elliott's visual development and layout work for the movies.
But I especially like that Elliott is one of those artists with the ambition, energy and curiosity to keep growing after his day job is through. Every year when I see him, he seems to have broadened his horizons further.
His core style is in what he calls "the grand tradition of American illustration, Japanese scroll paintings and woodblock prints, fantasy illustration, and great artists of Europe." He works in both digital and traditional media, including oil paintings (for exhibition in Paris and the US), sculpture, landscape architecture, and he has now started designing jewelry as well.
Elliott is one of the artists featured in the new Flesk Prime book from Flesk Publications and is the subject of the upcoming book, The Art of Craig Elliott. If you don't know his work, it's certainly worth a look.
- Rough Beasts In Eden
- ROBERT RIGGS (1896 - 1970)
- Comment Moderation Moderated :P
- Philosofossilising- Is it Science or Art?
- Philosofossilising - Setting Criteria, Drawing the...
- NEWS FLASH - Pixar Dinosaur Movie Announced
- Philosofossilising- Scientific Accuracy in Art (Pe...
- JAMES GURNEY GETS HIS CAR INSPECTED
- Philosofossilising- Scientific Accuracy in Art
- Person's Race!
- The Lights are going on!
- Next Gallery Poll is up
- Persons' race
- 41 ILLUSTRATORS AND HOW THEY WORK
- 5 ARTISTS AT COMIC-CON: CRAIG ELLIOTT
- 30 Free Vectors
- 5 ARTISTS AT COMIC-CON: ASHLEY WOOD
- Call for Conference Art
- Hurry, hurry! An Ornithopod on the beach!!!
- Join the orgy, but scribble responsibly
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2010 (165)
- ► 2009 (161)
- ► 2008 (23)
- ► 2007 (24)